Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Dinner for Two

Guess who is the best wife ever? 
Not me, but I am a close runner up because guess who made dinner for the first time last night?! 
You see, cooking real food isn't exactly my strong point... I can make some pretty dang good cupcakes, but when it comes to actual nutritional meals, I fall a little short. 
My meals when I lived in an apartment by myself were usually cereal for breakfast... cereal for lunch... and cereal for dinner. I am a paragon of healthy eating habits, I know.

However, last night I decided that 
Jean Paul deserved a home cooked meal.
(It's taken me far too long to get around to this... 
any other man probably would have divorced me by now...).

So I made some fish tacos, refried beans, and homemade Mexican rice. 
It was prettttty tasty, if I do say so myself.  
(we won't go into details about the fact that the kitchen looked like a bomb went off after I was finished)






1 comment:

  1. i'm the same way! i can bake a treat no problem, but cook an actual meal? oh gosh it makes me nervous just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete