Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guess What Happened One Year Ago...

This wonderful thing did!

Followed by this:

Which was then followed by a lot of this:

Last year Mr JP flew out to California to surprise me with a ring and a question... and this year we happened to be in California again!!
(You can read the whole engagement story here if you would like)


And here we are one year later:
I think back to one year ago and it's funny remembering how incredibly excited I was to marry Jean Paul and how in love I was with him, and then comparing it to how I feel about it him now. I don't even know how to put it into words except to say that there really is no comparison - I didn't even know I was capable of feeling this close and this bonded to someone! 

Mr JP and I were talking earlier and both commented on how vacations are the best now, because you always get to travel with your best friend, and it's true! He is definitely my best friend and so much more, and I am eternally grateful that he got down on one knee a year ago and asked me to be his wife :)


And on a less sentimental note, here are some pictures from the first few days at the beach! 
(you can read about last year's beach vacation if you want, starting with this post)


One of these things is not like the other...


FLOATING LANTERNS ON THE BEACH.
 Checked that off the bucket list!


Aww... Siblings!



No comments:

Post a Comment