Tuesday, January 1, 2013

"Exegi Monumentum Aere Perennius"


This little brass plaque hangs outside of Oupa's house and translated from Latin it means: 
"We have built a monument that will outlast brass." 
It's a pretty powerful motto and such a neat attitude to have towards your family. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I've had to come to Australia and meet and spend time with JP's extended family. They are absolutely amazing people, able to make you feel welcome and included and are so much fun to talk to and do things with. Even after just 2 weeks I really feel like they're family.
**********
Before we left, Oupa let me feed his koi fish and it was one of the highlights of my trip! 
He calls to the fish, and they all swim over in a great hurry and basically jump out of the water over each other because they're so excited to eat. It's very entertaining to witness.
Feeding these fish is serious business too, because each one costs almost as much as I pay in tuition for a semester of school :)




1 comment:

  1. aww this is so sweet :) and i'm already having jean & grace withdrawals!!

    ReplyDelete