Thursday, January 10, 2013

Sick & Tired


Whoa. 
This week hit me like a ton of bricks. 
I was dreading the first day of school (did anyone else not feel ready AT ALL to go back yet? Just me?) and my desire to stay home on Monday was granted when I woke up in the wee hours of the morning with the FLU. 

And I was furious about it. 
I haven't gotten sick in... I don't know, 8 years?? I can't even remember. And I mean sick at all -- no colds or anything. And then I go and get the flu and have to miss the first day of classes. 

Thankfully it was just a 24-hour reign of terror but it completely wiped me out and rendered me pretty useless for the rest of the week. 
And JP has been hovering on the fringes of catching it, poor guy. I tried to sanitize absolutely everything in our home but when you live in a one bedroom apartment and sleep in the same bed, you're kind of fighting a losing battle on the whole not-getting-each-others-germs front.
*keeping our fingers crossed*

But there's a faint light at the end of this sickness tunnel and this second-to-last semester of my college career is shaping up to be a crazy one again, so bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment