Friday, February 1, 2013

26 Acts in 28 days

So I realize I'm a little late here, but I've just heard about this "26 random acts of kindness" to honor the lives of those who were killed in the Sandyhook Elementary school shooting, so I've decided to commit myself this month and do it! 
(That's about one a day, giving myself a little wiggle room just in case I forget to on a couple days. )

I think this is the neatest idea! And such an inspired way to try to make this world a better place, even while there are those trying to tear it down. 
I read a quote in one of the articles that said: 
"Can you imagine the impact if every person touched by the bravery of those killed at Sandyhook committed themselves to do just 26 acts of random kindness? I'd like to see a world like that."

So there you have it! I think it's interesting that I'm just hearing about his campaign now -- this past month I've found myself feeling completely overwhelmed and like I don't even have enough time to finish what I need to do, let alone do anything for other people. And as a result I've noticed my happiness narrow, trivial matters consume me, and I've began to lose perspective of what is really important. And I'm tired of feeling like that.
So who's with me? 

#26actsofkindness



[Though my work may be menial, though my contribution may be small, I can perform it with dignity and offer it with unselfishness. My talents may not be great, but I can use them to bless the lives of others... The goodness of the world in which we live is the accumulated goodness of many small and seemingly inconsequential acts.]

-Gordon B. Hinckley-

2 comments: