Saturday, March 23, 2013

My thoughts on:

>>>SNOW<<<

You know what's hilarious to me every, single, year?
How upset and surprised people are when it snows in March. 
We live in UTAH, remember?
It snows in March every year, without fail. 
It has snowed for the past as-many-years-i-can-remember and I would bet a lot of money that come next March... SURPRISE! More snow.


>>>CRYING<<<

Sometimes I forget how cathartic a good cry can be. 
Not to be dramatic, nothing bad has in my life has happened or anything, but you know when everything has been building up (and you don't even realize it) until someone (usually my mom or friend Markell) asks me how I'm really doing, and then BAM. Floodgates are opened and all the frustration comes pouring out in one big torrent. 
This woe-is-me episode usually lasts for about 12.5 seconds until we start laughing at my failed attempt to hide the fact that I'm crying in public. 
My perspective is restored and I can once again see clearly that everything isn't as bad as it seems and that I don't have (thankfully) a real reason to have an emotional breakdown (besides the fact that I'm a girl? Can I play that card?)


>>>MEMES<<<

Okay, 
WHY are memes so hilarious to me?
Seriously, they get me every time.  
But when I try to share them with other people NO ONE appreciates their hilariousness adequately... And the one person who was right there with me on the this-meme-is-the-funniest-thing-I've-ever-read level is currently across the country spreading the gospel in New Jersey, so THANKS A LOT ANNE, I'm completely on my own now in the meme department.


>>>SCHOOL<<< 

Only 3 weeks left til finals! 3! 
That's nothing. 3 weeks is the length of time I spent in Australia last year, how long I go between doing loads of laundry, how long it takes me to start and finish a TV series on Netflix, and lets be honest: I could probably read the whole Harry Potter series in 3 weeks if I put my mind to it. 

Long story short: 
There's  light at the end of the tunnel! 
Not that I'll be entirely free from studying... instead of going to class and doing homework for school I'll just study for the MCAT more haha but STILL, freedom is just around the corner :)


5 comments:

  1. Love this post!! You're a great writer girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget the ban on shopping is over!

    What's even more hilarious about snow, is that if it's going to be snow flurries here in Alabama, people go nuts. They go to the grocery store and buy out all the bread and milk. I can't imagine what they would do if they lived in Utah, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohmygosh grace, I had a crying episode with my PROFESSOR last week. I was so stressed out and she could tell and actually cared and then there I was. Standing in the hallway. Crying to my professor. Great moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, school can be so stressful. So sorry girl!! Glad we got to text/talk the other day! Xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading this post. I have the same thoughts on snow. People are always upset even though they know it's coming! lol

    ReplyDelete