Monday, March 31, 2014

A Party Trick: Salad Jars


This spring has really been packed full of baby showers and bridal showers (we're talking pretty much at least one a week, and this week I have 2!). But let's be honest, I've loved every minute of it haha.

This last weekend, my mom threw an engagement party for my cousin Caroline who is getting married at the end of April. All of my aunts, uncles, and cousins were there along with the groom-to-be and his family! And we had the absolute best time chatting, eating, and playing a hilarious version of Family Feud

I was so busy enjoying the party that I didn't manage to get pictures of any of the "during" but I did snap some before everyone got there!
My ultra-creative mom came with up the most brilliant and fun idea for the dinner: we had salads-in-a-jar! There were three different kinds to choose from, and inside the jar was everything the salad needed + the dressing. 
When it was time to eat, you shook the jar up and dumped out all the contents onto the lettuce leaves that were already on your plate! 
The dinner salads were supplemented with fruit and homemade bread and it was one of the most delicious (and so healthy!) meals I've had in a while!







1 comment: