Monday, August 25, 2014

It's Official:

When you matriculate in med school, they have this awesome thing called a "white coat ceremony" where they "cloak" you in your first white lab doctor coat (bet you didn't see that coming haha).

It was a really great day. It was sort of like all my years of hard work had paid off and were culminating in this amazing event that officially welcomed me into the medical culture. 
I'm really going to be a doctor!



 ^^^ hooray for new med-school friends!


The actual white coat ceremony was so inspiring, I was expecting more of a graduation ceremony type boredom, but instead I was riveted the entire time! Between the speaker (who was this fabulous pastor, loved him.) and the BAPTIST CHOIR they had come sing (that should be a requirement for any ceremony, AMAZING.) and they showed this video, and if that doesn't make you want to become a doctor I don't know what will. 
Also I was introduced to this quote about medicine and I really love it, because it gives such a nice perspective on the whole field:

Medicine is the most humane of sciences, the most empiric of arts, and the most scientific of humanities.
Edmund Pellegrino, MD (1979)

And now suddenly I'm two weeks into school and we already had our first test! Ah!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your med school matriculation. I am married to a surgeon and remember the med school days well, and amazingly with a longing for the simple times. Your blog is beautiful. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats for your blog, please visit mine also: http://4viral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete